Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Detective Kubu series.
- #2: The Second Death of Goodluck Tinubu: A Detective Kubu Mystery (Detective Kubu Series #2) (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: Death of the Mantis: A Detective Kubu Mystery (Detective Kubu Series #3) (Paperback): $14.99
- #4: Deadly Harvest: A Detective Kubu Mystery (Detective Kubu Series #4) (Paperback): $16.49
- #5: A Death in the Family: A Detective Kubu Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #6: Dying to Live: A Detective Kubu Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price
Assistant Superintendent David “Kubu” Bengu of the Botswana police is a big likeable fellow, devoted to his wife, thankful for the chances in life that led him to college and a passion for opera. Detectives in Botswana have a few challenges our cops do not face, such as having the body of the victim dined on by the local animals leaving nothing but some bones behind. This is the situation when Kubu is sent to Dale’s Camp out in the back of beyond where ranger Andries Botha and Dr. Sibisi Bongi discovered what was left of someone, probably a murder victim and possibly a white man adding more complications. Kubu will have other issues to contend with as the story takes us to the hand over of power in one of the country’s more powerful companies involved in diamond mining. If you read the Number One Ladies Detective series by Alexander McCall Smith, I suspect you will find much to enjoy in this series featuring Kubu.— Deon Stonehouse