Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the Claire Malloy Mysteries series.
- #2: The Murder at the Murder at the Mimosa Inn: A Claire Malloy Mystery (Claire Malloy Mysteries #2) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #4: A Really Cute Corpse: A Claire Malloy Mystery (Claire Malloy Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $19.99
- #7: Death by the Light of the Moon (Claire Malloy Mystery #7) (Paperback): $15.00
- #8: Poisoned Pins: A Claire Malloy Mystery (Claire Malloy Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $20.99
- #12: A Holly, Jolly Murder: A Claire Malloy Mystery (Claire Malloy Mysteries #12) (Paperback): $20.99
- #16: Damsels in Distress Lib/E (Claire Malloy Mysteries (Audio) #16) (Compact Disc): $47.95
- #17: Mummy Dearest Lib/E (Claire Malloy Mysteries (Audio) #17) (Compact Disc): $115.50
- #19: Murder as a Second Language: A Claire Malloy Mystery (Claire Malloy Mysteries #19) (Paperback): $17.99
- #20: Pride v. Prejudice: A Claire Malloy Mystery (Claire Malloy Mysteries #20) (Paperback): $22.99
Deader Homes and Gardens
Now that she's back from her honeymoon, Claire Malloy must face the reality of her home life: It's too close for comfort. A two-bedroom apartment is a formula for disaster for her new husband, Police Chief Peter Rosen, and her teenage daughter, Caron. Time to go house hunting—before they all kill each other. Figuratively speaking, of course...
Or not. Ever since Claire found the perfect home—a well-preserved large house on a large plot of land in Hollow Valley—she has been up to the roof with problems. Not only has the real estate agent gone mysteriously missing but soon Claire learns that the house's previous owner died in circumstances labeled "accidental." And new bodies from Hollow Valley are starting to pile up…Now it's up to Claire to dig up the dirt—and unearth a killer. Can she solve the mystery before her dream house turns into a living nightmare?
About the Author
JOAN HESS is the author of both the Claire Malloy and the Maggody mystery series. She is a winner of the American Mystery Award, a member of Sisters in Crime, and a former president of the American Crime Writers League. She lives in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
“Well-paced suspense spiced with wry wit.” —Boston Sunday Herald on Closely Akin to Murder
“Clever…irreverent murder and mayhem.” —Baton Rouge Sunday Advocate on Closely Akin to Murder
“Wickedly amusing.” —Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine on Busy Bodies
“Delightful…worthy of Hercule Poirot in the classic Death on the Nile.” —Publishers Weekly on Mummy Dearest
“A good substitute for a trip to Egypt.” —Deadly Pleasures on Mummy Dearest
“Hess fans will find much to entertain them...” —Publishers Weekly on Damsels in Distress
“Lively, sharp, irreverent.” —The New York Times Book Review on Poisoned Pins
“Larcenous shenanigans…breezy throughout.” —Chicago Tribune on Poisoned Pins
“With her wry asides, Claire makes a most engaging narrator. The author deftly juggles the various plot strands…the surprising denouement comes off with éclat.” —Publishers Weekly on Out on a Limb
“A winning blend of soft-core feminism, trendy subplots, and a completely irreverent style that characterizes both the series and the sleuth.” —Houston Chronicle on the Claire Malloy Mysteries
“A wildly entertaining series.” —Mystery Scene on the Claire Malloy Mysteries
“Fresh and funny…her trademark humor is stamped on every page.” —Publishers Weekly, on The Goodbye Body
“Breezy and delightful…Claire Malloy is one of the most engaging narrators in mystery.” —The Drood Review