Other Books in Series
- #1: Don't Look Back (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $14.95
- #2: He Who Fears the Wolf (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $14.95
- #4: The Indian Bride (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #5: Black Seconds (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #5) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #6: The Water's Edge (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #7: Bad Intentions (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $15.35
- #8: The Caller: An Inspector Sejer Mystery (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #8) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #9: Eva's Eye: An Inspector Sejer Mystery (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #9) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #10: The Murder of Harriet Krohn (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #10) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #12: Hell Fire (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #12) (Paperback): $14.99
- #13: The Whisperer (Inspector Sejer Mysteries #13) (Paperback): $15.99
Gunder Jomann is a big man, solid. He works selling agricultural equipment and makes a good living, enough to afford a comfortable home. But he lacks the attributes to attract a Norwegian woman; he is not considered handsome and is a bit slow. Gunder has reached middle age with his only close relationship being his sister Marie. She gives him a coffee table book with vibrant pictures of India. Gunder starts to dream. Maybe the Norwegian women find him slow, but perhaps an Indian woman would not be opposed to sharing her life with him.
The prospect of having a wife, a companion spurs him to take an action that is out of character and a bit daring. He will go to India and find a bride. Easier said than done, India is vast and teeming, very overwhelming but exciting for Gunder. He retreats every day to the same café where he finally gets up the nerve to have a conversation with his waitress, Poona. She sees the kindness in this big Norwegian man. A relationship blossoms and she travels to Norway to be Gunder’s bride.
And here Inspector Sejer becomes involved as he tries to discover who killed the Indian Bride.— Deon Stonehouse
Karin Fossum's fourth chilling crime novel finds Inspector Sejer on the hunt for a brutal killer in a good town gone bad.
When long-time bachelor Gunder Jomann goes to India for two weeks and comes home married, the town of Elvestad is stunned. Then, on the day his bride is supposed to arrive, the battered body of a woman is found on the outskirts of town. The "good people of Elvestad" can’t believe that anyone among them could be capable of such a crime. But in his quiet way, Inspector Konrad Sejer understands that no one is completely innocent—not the café owner who knows too much, the girl who wants the attention that comes with being a witness, or the bodybuilder with no outlet for his terrible strength.
About the Author
KARIN FOSSUM is the author of the internationally successful Inspector Konrad Sejer crime series. Her recent honors include a Gumshoe Award and the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for mystery/thriller. She lives in Norway.
"Devastating . . . Fossum [is] able to see into the soul of an entire village."—Marilyn Stasio, The New York Times Book Review
"An irresistible page-turner that's like a Nordic Sherlock Holmes story, with characters by Bergman and blood by Tarantino. A-."—Entertainment Weekly
— Entertainment Weekly