Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Tess Monaghan Novel series.
- #2: Charm City: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #3: Butchers Hill: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #4: In Big Trouble: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: Sugar House: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #6: In a Strange City: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #7: Last Place: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #8: By a Spider's Thread (Tess Monaghan Novel #8) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #9: No Good Deeds (Tess Monaghan Novel #9) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #10: Another Thing to Fall: A Novel (Tess Monaghan Novel #10) (Large Print / Paperback): $29.94
- #11: Hush Hush: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Paperback): $14.99
- #12: Hush Hush: A Tess Monaghan Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price
Discover the first novel in New York Times bestselling author Laura Lippman's outstanding Tess Monaghan series! When a former Baltimore reporter must solve the murder of a notorious attorney, she discovers Charm City is rife with dark, sordid, and dangerous secrets.
In a city where someone is murdered almost every day, attorney Michael Abramowitz's death should be just another statistic. But the slain lawyer's notoriety—and his taste for illicit midday trysts—make the case front-page news in every local paper except the Star, which crashed and burned before Abramowitz did.
A former Star reporter who knows every inch of this town—from historic Fort McHenry to the crumbling projects of Cherry Hill—now-unemployed journalist Tess Monaghan also knows the guy the cops like for the killing: cuckolded fiancé Darryl "Rock" Paxton. The time is ripe for a career move, so when rowing buddy Rock wants to hire her to do some unorthodox snooping to help clear his name, Tess agrees.
But there are lethal secrets hiding in the Charm City shadows. And Tess's own name could end up on that ever-expanding list of Baltimore dead.
About the Author
Since Laura Lippman's debut in 1997, she has been recognized as a distinctive voice in mystery fiction and named one of the "essential" crime writers of the last 100 years. Her books have won most of the major awards in her field and been translated into more than twenty languages. She lives in Baltimore and New Orleans with her daughter.